The USA Curling Junior National Championships are a regional-based, geographic championship aimed at determining our top junior-aged teams (21 and under) within the USCA regions. Teams moves through the playdown process via the traditional state and regional championships. There will be 10 boys teams and 10 girls teams competing in Willmar. Each team will consist of 4 players and 1 alternate. The winning teams at the U.S. Junior Championship move on to represent the U.S. at the World Junior Championships in Erzurum, Turkey in March 2016. The championships will run from January 16-23, 2016.
The Willmar Curling Club is excited to be hosting this national event and provide the WIllmar area with the opportunity to see top level Junior Curling. Since 2012, the Women's team from Minnesota has represented Team USA at the World Championships. Last year, the Men's team from Duluth, MN represented Team USA at the World Championships.
Photos by Dennis Benson
FREE ADMISSION for the Opening Draw Saturday, Jan 16 at 7:00 at the Willmar Civic Center
Best Western Plus
2100 Highway 12 E,
Willmar, MN 56201
Holiday Inn Express and Suites
250 23rd Street SE
Willmar, MN 56201
Be sure to ask for the "junior curling" rate!
Event tickets will be available at the door or you may purchase on-line here!
Tickets purchased on-line will be held for you to pickup at the door.
The All Event passes will include all round robin, tie-breaker, playoff and final games.
- Reserved Seating - There are 50 reserved seats with great overhead viewing from the home end. This area is handicapped accessible, heated and offers over the house cameras.
- General Seating -
- Bleachers and chairs placed at the ice level. (arena temperature approximatly 45 degrees)
- Overhead viewing running parallel to the sheets with options for standing or sitting on stools, this area is heated.
- Standing room behind the reserved seating in the heated area.
The 1 Day Pass will be good for all draws that day (general seating)
Closing Banquet tickets:
The closing banquet will be held on Jan. 23rd at the Willmar Conference Center - 240 23rd St SE, Willmar, MN
5:30pm Social Hour
6:30pm Closing banquet
· Dinner Music by "Kennedi"
· Awards Program
· Magic Show - featuring Dylan Barrett - St. Paul Curling Club Jr. Curler
· Dance - "Will's Band"
All athletes/coachs will receive complementary tickets.
Parents and other guests may purchase tickets during the week or on-line for you to pickup during the week.